The conference venue is the Sir Paul Reeves building at AUT’s central city campus (Google Map link).
There are a large number of hotels in varying price brackets within 1km walking distance of the building, and all of them are good quality. Google Maps might be your best friend here.
If you’re looking for an AirBnB place, the best suburbs to stay in would be:
- Ponsonby – walkable distance to venue, good bus link, excellent for coffee shops, cafes and restaurants
- Mount Eden – good bus link, nice cafes, nice park
- Grey Lynn – trendy suburb if you want a taste of normal Auckland life for the locals
- Newmarket – nice shopping area, big Auckland park (called The Domain) and museum
- Parnell – genteel, good cafes, good access to downtown and a long waterfront walk to another nice suburb, Mission Bay
- Devonport – if you fancy something different, 12 mins away by ferry across the harbour from downtown, a lovely small village, great cafes and beaches
- Waiheke Island – if you really fancy something different, 45 min ferry ride to downtown from the island famed for its vineyards and eateries